Being Cheap is Easy: Awesome app: CamCard

Awesome app: CamCard

August 21, 2011

I am a newbie to the joys of a smart phone.  I've had an iPod touch for years, but my new phone is a whole new level of savings.  Needless to say, I'm addicted.  Since most people know about great apps like FourSquare, I'm going to mention a new one I've found super useful. 

Side note: I was super annoyed with everyone "checking in" places and being Mayors, I did not realize how amazing FourSquare is!  I've used it for little over a week and I have gotten some great deals: 50% off an appetizer, $10 off at JcPenneys. 

It's not like I have a ton of business cards, but whenever I do get one, I seem to lose it.  There is an app for that! (Anyone watch Sesame Street?....)  CamCard Lite is a free app for iPhone or Android.  When you get a business card, this app scans it and saves it on your phone.  If you want, it will add the contact information to your phone.  It's very awesome and you never have to worry about holding onto a card. 

I'm addicted to Words with Friends (itsAshleigh is my name...try me!).

Any other great apps you love?

4 comments:

Mrs. Weber said...

I'm so glad you wrote about this because I've been wanting that app, but never knew what it was called!

I'm also a Foursquare convert - I love the deals and finding out about new places around me :)

Ashley Slater said...

Girl, I have the most generic cheap-o phone ever. My husband has the sweet smart phone, but I don't know how to use it!
anyways, love your cute blog!! I have been hunting for michigan bloggers FOREVER! So glad I found ya! following you now!

xo,
ashley

p.s. I am hosting a giveaway of a cute custom necklace from ashley at the shine project on my blog. You should check it out and enter! The Shine Project Giveaway

Unknown said...

Thank you for following!! Where in Michigan did you live? I had the worst phone for 3 years and I just upgraded. After 2 weeks I can finally kind of use it, lol. I'll check out your blog right now!

Ashley Slater said...

no problem! thanks for visiting! I am hosting a really cool giveaway of a vintage michigan t-shirt the second week of september from themittenstate.com You will have to keep that one in mind!

xo,
ashley

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS