Being Cheap is Easy: Fun Mason Jar Gift: Sriracha Party Mix!

Fun Mason Jar Gift: Sriracha Party Mix!

November 11, 2014


Sriracha, Chex Mix, Spicy Snack Mix, Coconut Oil

I have a confession: I am a sriracha addict.  If you aren't sure what sriracha is, it's a spicy chili sauce that you can buy in your ethnic food aisle.  Look for a green top and a rooster on it!  It's the most grabbed condiment in our house.  I put it on EVERYTHING. Eggs. Popcorn. Sandwiches. Chicken.  My aunt even found sriracha candy canes for me last holiday season (thank you Aunt Beth!). 

When I was pregnant with Gabby, I had a major spicy food cravings and I found sriracha.  Other hot sauces weren't cutting it for me, so grabbed . I'd seen it before at Noodles and other restaurants, but I never thought to buy any.  

Along with a sriracha addiction, I love snacking.  So it was only a short time until I figured out that sriracha and party mix are a match made in heaven.  Add some coconout oil for sweetness (and a bit of a healthier alternative to butter) and it gained a new nickname in our house: crack mix.  

Sriracha Party Mix aka Crack Mix
Here's what you need:
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/3 cup Sriracha
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 
  • 1 tablespoon seasoned salt 
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 3 cups EACH: Corn, Rice and Wheat squares cereal
  • 2 cups pretzels
  • 1 cup peanuts
  • 1 cup sesame sticks
Mix it up!
  1. Preheat oven to 250. 
  2. After coconut oil is melted, mix in the sriracha, Worcestershire, seasoned salt, garlic and onion powder. I love to use a Pyrex glass measuring cup for this, it makes it easy to pour.
  3. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients.  Pour coconut oil mixture over and mix well. 
  4. Pour onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. 
  5. Store in an air-tight container....although it probably won't last too long. 
Sriracha, Party Mix, Chex, Mason Jar Gift

What do you put sriracha on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS