Being Cheap is Easy: Slow-Cooker Meals: Chipotle Peach Ribs

Slow-Cooker Meals: Chipotle Peach Ribs

October 21, 2014

#SlowCookerMeals, Slow cooker, ribs, BBQ

I realize prime BBQ season is over now that we've hit fall, but Ricky LOVES ribs.  I found some racks of ribs on markdown at Walmart for $3.99 and they've been hogging my freezer space. (Pun intended) Desperate to find an easier way for fall off the bone meat, I turned to my Hamilton Beach slow-cooker.  You won't believe how easy this recipe is!  I am wishing I would have done more than one rack!!

After this week's Walking Dead episode, it took me a few days to even be able to type up this recipe.  If you don't watch the show, you're lucky!

Don't forget: I have a Hamilton Beach Set & Forget Slow-Cooker giveaway going on this month! Head over to this page to enter!

Not a fan of chipotle peach flavor?  Use whatever style BBQ sauce you love.  I highly recommend sticking with the tasty Sweet Baby Ray's varieties!
#SlowCookerMeals, Ribs, BBQ, Sweet Baby Ray's, Chipolte, Smuckers

Here's what you need:

  • 1 large rack of ribs 2-4 pounds (always check for markdowns!)
  • 1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle BBQ sauce
  • 1/4 cup McCormicks Pork rub
  • 2 tablespoons Smuckers Peach Preserves
  1. Preheat slow-cooker to LOW setting for 7 hours.
  2. Rinse ribs with water and dry.  Place on a large cutting board and coat both sides with pork rub.
  3. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce with peach preserves. Set aside.
  4. From the bottle, squeeze enough BBQ sauce in the base of the slow-cooker to coat the bottom.  
  5. Brush the sauce from the bowl on the ribs. Discard any remaining sauce, since it's touched raw meat. 
  6. Place ribs in the slow-cooker and cover.  DO NOT TAKE OFF THE LID.  It's tempting, I know, but let them cook for the full 7 hours.
  7. Once cooked, remove and brush with the rest of the sauce in the bottle, adding some extra peach preserves if wanted.  They are great out of the slow-cooker, but for more of a char, broil them for 3-4 minutes.
#SlowCookerMeals, Ribs, BBQ, Sweet Baby Ray's, Smuckers Peach Preserves



This sauce mixture is amazing on any meat.  I like to throw boneless chicken thighs in the slow-cooker with a can of peaches and the sauce for pulled chicken sliders.  Use on pork roast for a new spin on pulled pork.

What's your go-to BBQ sauce?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the first time I've ever liked ribs! I just made this tonight! YUM!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS