Being Cheap is Easy: Leftover Chicken? The BEST BBQ Chicken Nachos!

Leftover Chicken? The BEST BBQ Chicken Nachos!

June 17, 2014


It's a given: if we go to a place that serves nachos, I'll order them.  I feel the quality of nachos tells you a lot about a restaurant.  Crappy queso, soggy chips and bland salsa? Not gonna fly in my book.  All chips and no toppings? No thank you.  I guess I'm what you call a nacho snob connoisseur. 

There are a million different ways to make nachos and every household varies a bit.  Growing up, my dad would always put toppings on each chip before melting the cheese.  Some people throw chips with cheese in the oven before adding other toppings.  To each their own!

When searching for the perfect nacho chip, you need one that can stand up to toppings.  I love to use my homemade baked chips for my normal ground turkey nachos...but BBQ chicken nachos need something different.  When paired with a honey chipolte sauce, you need a bit of flavor to them.  Enter Food Should Taste Good Kettle Corn Chips.  Sweet and salty pairs SO well with BBQ chicken for nachos. BAM! Recipe created.  This can be thrown together in under 15 minutes in you have leftover chicken on hand.

Have you tried Food Should Taste Good chips yet? They are SO tasty and made with ingredients that you can pronounce.  I have found them at Meijer, Target and Costco...and they are frequently on sale! Score!  My favorite flavors: Olive, Kettle and Sweet Potato.  You really can't go wrong.
http://www.foodshouldtastegood.com/

Here's what you need:
  • 1 bag of FSTG Kettle Corn Chips
  • 1/2-1 pound of cooked chicken (leftover grilled chicken is perfecto!)
  • 1/2-1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipolte BBQ sauce
  • 1 cup of your favorite nacho cheese 
    • (What's your favorite cheese? NACHO cheese...couldn't resist!)
  • 1-2 slices cooked bacon
  • Tasty toppings: sliced avocado, sour cream, diced red onion, cilantro, green onions and salsa
  1. Shred chicken with a fork.  Put in a microwave safe bowl with BBQ sauce and heat for 1 minute.  I like to add some chopped cilantro and green onions to the chicken mixture.
  2. Heat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat (silicone baking sheet).  
  3. Scatter chips around the baking sheet and top with BBQ chicken, bacon and cheese.  Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
  4. Once removed from oven, shower the nachos with toppings!

Want to try out these tasty chips? I have TWO free product coupons to giveaway!  

Head on over to my Facebook page and comment on which chips you would like to try.  I'll draw a winner on Friday (June 20)!

2 comments:

Mrs. Weber said...

Mmmm...nachos! And I totally agree you can tell how great a restaurant is by their nachos! Though I admit to loving the horribly bad for you liquid cheese occasionally ;)

Unknown said...

Oh totally love that too! I just hate when queso tastes like plastic!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS