Being Cheap is Easy: MYO "Skinny" Drinks: Strawberry Margarita

MYO "Skinny" Drinks: Strawberry Margarita

April 26, 2014


Skinny Margarita, Strawberry Margaritas, Crystal Light margaritas, frozen strawberry margaritas, MYO skinny margarita
You should know by now, I have a slight Crystal Light addiction.  I use it to make all of my favorite "skinny" drinks: margaritas, apple cider-tinis, sangria...the list can go on and on.  This variety is my new favorite.  I know people are all up in arms about sugar substitutes right now, but I figure I can indulge sometimes...right?

Ricky and I came up with this margarita last week when we were celebrating his new JOB!  Woohoo!  It's simple and dangerously addicting.  Perfect for patio season!

Here's the thing about frozen drinks: I hate the ice cream headache and cup of ice at the end.  I wanted to get the perfect frozen consistency--almost slushy, but not too icy.  This is IT.  Also, you can add whatever frozen fruits you like to it.  We've tried Strawberry-Banana and it's ah-mazing as well.
Frozen Strawberry Margarita, Crystal Light drinks, Crystal Light Margaritas, Strawberries, Kirkland organic strawberries

Here's what you need: {Makes two 10 oz margs}
  • 1 Cup-Crystal Light Mocktail Mix Margarita flavor
    • NOTE: When mixing, use 1 packet + 3 cups water
    • UPDATE: They no longer make the Margarita flavor, so use the strawberry lemonade. SO SAD!
  • 1 cup Kirkland frozen strawberries
  • 1 cup ice
  • 1 teaspoon Wholesome Sweeteners agave
  • 2-3 shots of tequila
    • We aren't super picky about our tequila for margs...El Torro is cheap and good to us!
Mix It Up!
  1.  In a blender, add ice, margarita mix, agave and strawberries.  Blend until smooth.
  2. If you want, rim two glasses with a raw sugar/coarse salt blend.  Pour 1 shot (or 1.5...) into each glass. Divide mix from blender into cups and garnish with a lime.
  3. Enjoy! To make pitchers, just double or triple the mix, but still keep tequila on the side.
At first, I was hesitant to post this recipe, since it's so simple...but my FB and Instagram friends convinced me to.  Thanks guys!  Let me know what you think! 

Check out my How-To video to see how to make simple skinny drinks! 

Do you have any big plans for Cinco de Mayo?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS