Being Cheap is Easy: Coupon Organization: My big ol' binder

Coupon Organization: My big ol' binder

August 29, 2013

Coupon Binder, Coupon holder, Couponing with Kids

I've tried quite a few different ways to organize my coupons.  I started using envelopes (ripped too easily), then I went to accordion files (didn't hold enough) and now I am onto the binder system.  For baby coupons and store coupons (like larger Babies R Us), I do have an additional accordion file which goes in the bag with my binder.  I found a zippered binder on clearance in the back-to-school section two years ago and I love this system.  While shopping with the girls, it's a total lifesaver!

Here's what you need:
  1. A zippered binder
    • Back-to-School clearance sales should start soon.  Zippered is a must, unless you want a huge mess!  These run from $5-10 on clearance. 
    • UPDATE 4/2015: This is the one I use now. LOVE the handle!
  2. Baseball card holders 
    • I find them at the Dollar Tree.  They do have new ones made for coupons, but they are kind of pricy! I buy 3-4 packs to keep on hand when I see them.  Usually right by the checkout.
    • If you can't find them at the Dollar Tree, check the toy section at your grocery store/Target.
  3. Dividers
    • I might look for some more heavy duty ones, mine are paper and they are starting to rip
    • Categories I use: Dairy, Freezer, Meat, Household, Beauty, Health, Canned/Jars, Ethnic Food, Bread, Condiments, Dressing, Snacks, Breakfast Foods, Pasta/Rice and Etc (for pet foods and seasonal)
Total investment should be less than $15.

Pros:
  • You can see all of your coupons while shopping
  • All of your coupons are in one place
 Cons:
  • Some coupons are too large for the card holders (I just fold or trim them)
  • More time consuming if you're not used to clipping all of your coupons out
How do you organize your coupons?
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS