Being Cheap is Easy: MYO "Skinny" Drinks: Apple Cider Martini

MYO "Skinny" Drinks: Apple Cider Martini

October 10, 2012

Appletini with Crystal Light, Crystal Light drinks, Appletini, Apple Cider, Apple Cider Cocktails
Being clumsy, I don't even try to use martini glasses anymore!

You may have noticed, I am addicted to Crystal Light mocktails.   I love how they are sugar free and they make really great drinks!  The margarita is by far my favorite, but this new addition is way up there.

I've had the Appletini packets for a while now.  Since I'm not a huge fan of Appletinis, they have just been sitting in the basement.  The sweet apple taste gives me flashbacks of bad Pucker shots taken in college.

Somehow, last weekend I got the idea to turn the Appletini into a more cider-like martini.  I guess I should call it more of a drink, since I steer clear of martini glasses....way too clumsy for stems!

Talking with some friends about our favorite place in Madison, The Vintage, I remembered they had these amazing apple pie shots. Voila!  My idea popped into my head. 

Here's what you need:
  • Rum, any type.  We used dark.
  • Crystal Light Appletini mix, Crystal Light Cranberry Apple
    • When you make the mix, just use 3 cups of water. Keep them in separate pitchers though!  I get those half pitchers, they are perfect for this!
  • Diet Vernors (Never heard of it?  You must not be from MI!...use Diet 7up instead)
  • Cinnamon
Mix it up! (Makes one drink)
  • In an iced glass add:
    • 1 shot rum (or more...)
    • 1/4 cup appletini mix
    • 1/8 cup Cran-Apple mix
    • Dash cinnamon
    • Splash of Vernors
SO easy!  I made a pitcher last weekend and added sliced apples to it.  It really tastes like cider.  Mmm Mmm!

Have you tried the Crystal Light Mocktails yet?  I really need to be a spokesperson...I am addicted for sure!


4 comments:

ejc126 said...

Sounds good! I made a version of a caramel apple martini the other night. Apple cider with caramel vodka. Dip the rim of the glass in caramel sauce (I heated up ice cream topping), then dip it in crushed vanilla wafers. Shake the cider and vodka with ice and pour into prepared martini glass! Enjoy:)

Unknown said...

YUM! That sounds so tasty! I didn't even know they had caramel vodka! I should try this drink with vodka and the rimming.

Mrs. Weber said...

Yum! This sounds so good and I love that it's low sugar. You need to reach out to Crystal Light and tell them how much you love them! Then, maybe they will pay you ;) ...Or at least give you freebies!

P.S. I may have already said this, but love the new design!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you :) Eventually I will get a custom design, but I'm going to stick with the freebies for a bit longer. I have contacted them...we'll see what happens!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS