Being Cheap is Easy: My new project: Shopping Matters

My new project: Shopping Matters

October 04, 2012

I have created a quick survey for people interested!  Tours will start this fall!


I have been working on a major project lately.  To be honest, it's been quite overwhelming!  I have decided to finally write about it to get the word spread around! 

When I found out about this program, Shopping Matters, I was so excited.  Then, I realized there wasn't even one in existence in the Grand Rapids area! 

What is Shopping Matters?  It is a branch of the No Kid Hungry campaign.  I will be guiding tours in local grocery stores and educating people about healthy and affordable meals.  You all know I can save money, but I feel people don't realize that healthy cooking is VERY affordable on a budget. 

Here's where I need your help!  I need to gauge my interest.  I have set up a form to get more information about everyone.  I would like to start these by the end of fall.  The more people I have signed up, the easier it will be to set up the tours in different stores.

There are two different types of tours you can take: a general tour or a WIC tour.  All information will be kept confidential, don't worry!

I will keep you all updated on this program as more details get ironed out.  I would love some helping hands, as well!  

Spread the word!  If this program may be of interest to anyone you may know, pass on the survey!





2 comments:

Mrs. Weber said...

I hope this gets going for you...Sounds like a great opportunity for you! I would totally go if I was in the GR area :)

Unknown said...

Thank you :) It's going to take some time to get it up and running, but I think it will be great!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS