Being Cheap is Easy: Wordful Wednesday: enjoying a fall moment

Wordful Wednesday: enjoying a fall moment

October 17, 2012

I thought I would try to join in on the Wordful Wednesday fun this week! I figured a family update was a bit overdue and I have a lot of new readers who may not know about our crew!

Last week, we were able to have a fun (yet FREEZING) trip to Orchard Hill Farms.  If you are in the Grand Rapids area, I highly recommend checking it out.  It's a perfect size for little ones, a lot smaller scale than others we've been to.

It was 40 degrees that morning, we were COLD!


This fall has been so busy for us that it was really nice to stop and enjoy each other.  The twins are almost 4 and Gabby is quickly growing into a toddler.  I am trying to keep her a baby as long as possible, but it's just not working!

Early in the summer, I sent in the forms for the girls to enroll in preschool and they vanished in the mail.  Thinking they were signed up the whole time, I didn't worry about contacting the preschool until the end of the summer.  Since they never got our forms, we didn't have a spot!

At first I was super mad, but now I am very happy we waited until they are 4.  We have been doing play groups and fun trips as a family.  They have plenty of time to be in school!

Maddie, Olivia & Gabby. 

Olivia is all about funny faces.  Maddie is probably hiding something in her pocket.
As the twins grow older, it's so fun to just sit back and listen to them.  They have the funniest conversations while sitting in their bunk beds at night.  A lot of people ask me if they are identical and I really don't see how they look alike.  Especially since their personalities are night and day.

Olivia loves to color and do puzzles all day.  She can sit and read books for hours.  Olivia also thinks she is queen bee.  Poor Maddie just listens to her.  I think when she gets to school she is going to have a big reality check when kids don't actually listen to her.  I try to keep her attitude in line, but toddlers pretty much do what they want.

Maddie has completely different interests.  Out of the two, she is the most quiet...but also very silly.  If you tickle her once, get ready to do it all day long.  She is obsessed with princesses and jewelry.  Everyday she has her purse full of who knows what.  We have a little hoarder on our hands!  Maddie is the one who likes to sing and dance the most.  She can remember words to a song after hearing it just once or twice.  Her favorite line right now "OH OH OH! That's what makes you beautiful".

The funny thing is, even though they are so different, they insist on dressing alike most days.  We always pick out different outfits and they decide to dress identical. 

Gabby (or Gaga as she calls herself...) was on a mission to see some chickens.
It's really hard to believe Gabby is 15 months already.  Wasn't it just yesterday we brought her home? Now that she is walking, everyday is interesting, to say the least!  She cannot sit still and she is always running around with her car (pronounce Cah, like she's from Boston).   This week she hit 25 pounds and she is very close to being the same size as the twins.  I really didn't realize how small the twins were until we had this "little" lady.  She is quickly learning words and different ways to make us laugh.  It will be very interesting to see her interaction with the girls as they get older.  They always say "three is a crowd", I hope that's not the case!


Ricky is getting into the spirit of the season by decorating the house.  Every.Square.Inch.  Outside we have tombstones, boarded windows, spider webs and the whole works.  It's really cute how he gets so into Halloween and fall. 

As you may have noticed, I am rocking a new 'do.  I have a love/hate relationship with my short hair.  It's a big change!  At the end of the day, I have to remind myself it's just hair.  Things could be so much worse! 


I hope everyone else is enjoying this season!  I absolutely hate that I see Christmas trees lit up in every store already.  Let's slow down people!




2 comments:

Mrs. Weber said...

Good lord you two make cute kids! I loved reading this...They have such adorable personalities.

And you keep resenting your 'do, but I think it's adorable. Rock it and own it, girl!

Unknown said...

Omg, you guys make adorable kids! I have to restrain myself from liking every pic you put up!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS