Being Cheap is Easy: Two year old fashion: princesses & patterns

Two year old fashion: princesses & patterns

July 27, 2011

When I first found out we were having twins, I swore I would NEVER dress them alike.  I thought it was cheesy and it would take away from their individuality.  When they were babies, I would find outfits that were similar, just different colors and yes, I did dress them alike.  Since they are fraternal, it was not as big of a deal.  Now that they are two (where did the time go?!), I am finding they LIKE to dress the same sometimes.  Most days, I let them pick out what to wear and they tend to accessorize with their favorite "princess" items: plastic jewelry and headbands.  Shoes are also a big thing for the girls and they love that they can actually put them on.  I think it is important to let them be individuals and have their own sense of style.  I really did not think that they would be so different AND alike at the same time.  It's really interesting to watch them grow up.  It's fun to watch their individual styles grow as they do!


Here are some prime examples of their little senses of style. 
{MADDIE}




Maddie LOVES her jewelery and will put on anything she can get her hands on.  Its pretty cute how she manages to carry a purse, backpack and her kiki (blanket).  I am finding as she gets older, she likes simple clothes that are easy for her to put on.  I know that if I am buying mix-n-match pieces, Maddie prefers certain colors (purple, yellow and blue).


{OLIVIA}

 
Olivia prefers to be naked, I'm not going to lie...I have the hardest time keeping even her diaper on!  When she DOES decide to wear clothes, she prefers to be a Princess (anything pink or dressy) or to mix patterns.  Who knew toddlers could have such a knack for style?  When I buy mix-n-match pieces for her, I always get patterns or shirts with words.  She loves letters and shapes.



I recommend for any parents of twins to buy a lot of mix-n-match pieces.  This lets the twins show their individuality, but they can also match easily.  For toddlers, simple bottoms and shirts that they can put on themselves are a must.  Plus, when going through potty training, you want something they can easily take off.  Our issue now is they don't like to put their clothes back ON.  The joys of toddlers!


How does your child dress?  Do you let them pick out their clothes?  If you have boys, do they have a sense of style and individuality?


{DISCLAIMER}
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Jcpenney blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comment:

Mrs. Weber said...

Regardless of how they dress, they are adorable! Just hope Olivia doesn't like naked time too much...that doesn't bode well for preschool ;)

I haven't heard of SocialMoms...need to check it out - sounds like fun!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS