Being Cheap is Easy: Dont forget: printing photos can be cheap!

Dont forget: printing photos can be cheap!

November 09, 2010

When the girls were first born, I had so much extra time to go through photos, print them and put them in photo books.  Now I realize I am a year behind!  This made me think to check out some deals and there are a TON for the holidays.  You can print Christmas cards, photo books, mugs, etc.  Every week there seems to be a new deal going on.  There are so many different photo websites out there, it can be a bit overwhelming.  I join most of them for the free photos or deals and it seems each has their pros and cons.  As always, I recommend using your "junk" email so your personal is not bombarded with too many deals.  Usually I put all photos I want to print in a folder and go from there.  This saves time on going through all photo files to figure out which ones you want to print.  Since most sites have slower uploads, it is very helpful to have a separate folder.  I also have a rule of thumb that I won't pay more than 10¢ per photo, which is very easy to do.

Here are my favorites:
  • Snapfish :
    • I like this for it's free gifts and they offer quite a bit of free shipping.  Also, you can print photos at various locations, including Target.  Very nice if you are already shopping. 
    • Uploads tend to be slow.  It seems to be helpful to upload 10 photos at a time.
    • Great photo books and they have very cute designs and templates.
    • Their share option is nice if you dont want to show all of your photos on Facebook.
    • Everyday 9¢ photos, but usually with deals you can get them much cheaper.
  •  Kodak Photo Gallery :
    • 10¢ photos everyday, but they also have deals
    • They have a lot of specials on photo books and other freebies.  Usually if you order a larger item like a book, you get at least 100 prints free.
  •  Dotphoto :
    • I don't order too much from this website, but they do offer some deals from time to time
  •  Shutterfly
    • If you haven't joined, you can get 50 free prints!
    • I really like this for its organization and it seems to have faster uploads than most.
    • They also offer a lot of deals and their books have great templates.  Around any holidays, they offer a lot of themed items.
  • Dont forget about drugstores!  RiteAid, Walgreens
    • Convenient, fast- you can get them in an hour most times!
    • A bit more expensive, but they offer weekly deals and freebies
    • Quality prints and they offer matte finish, which I love.
  • Walmart
    • I will admit that I am not the biggest fan of Walmart, but they do offer great photo deals.
That should be plenty to get you started (or in my case, continued) with your photo printing!  There are many, many other options out there, as well.

What is your favorite site?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS