Being Cheap is Easy: Check out Recipe4Living & Savvy Fork! {New chili recipe up!}

Check out Recipe4Living & Savvy Fork! {New chili recipe up!}

September 22, 2013


Sorry I've been a little quiet lately.  Between my new part-time weekend job and the girls' new schedule, I am TIRED!  I am working at a local grocery stores as a demo lady...soon I will be actually performing cooking demos.  This is perfect because the hours fit in with our schedule and I get to talk to people (probably more than they would like!).  I am so nosy, I always check out what people are buying and I help people find items.  Not quite in my job description, but sometimes the store doesn't have much traffic and I get bored.  SNL totally needs to do a demo lady skit...you should see some of the people I encounter.  It cracks me up.  No joke, I've seen 2 people take out their teeth to taste a sample.  I also love the people who go out of their way to not walk by me so they don't have to interact.  So funny.

Don't be scared of lentils in the chili...or in anything!  I'm loving lentils in breads too.

I also have a new side writing job working for group of awesome websites.  My first recipe for Beef & Lentil Chili went up last week on Recipe4Living.  I will have two new recipes posted on there monthly.  I will also have a few of my recipes on their sister site Savvy Fork, which just launched.  Starting next month, I will have a weekly column as Budget Mom on another sister site Work It Mom.  Whew!

Even though I have other side projects, I am still going to keep up with this blog.  I have some giveaways coming up and fun fall recipes.  Don't you love when the weather gets cooler and all of the fall flavors surround you? I love boots, sweaters, scarves and pumpkin!

Have a wonderful week everyone!  I'm going to kick up my feet and relax tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS