Being Cheap is Easy: Quick tip: how to save on yogurt cups

Quick tip: how to save on yogurt cups

May 30, 2012



I don't know if your kids are as crazy as mine, but the twins like to have their food compartmentalized.  I was buying those "kid friendly" yogurt cups for a while and I stopped one day and thought about how much money I was wasting.  Per ounce, it is MUCH cheaper to buy the big tubs. Did you know that the shelf price tag for any food item will tell you the price per ounce?  I love it!

Unless there is a crazy deal on the cups with coupons, I will only buy the 32 oz tubs now.  We can go through 2-3 per week!

I just saved a few cups from other snacks and now I use those.  The snack cups fit perfectly on plates and my crazy kids are happy!  One less battle...these days we have many.  Toddlers are quite opinionated!

Side note: we do this with a lot of other snacks as well.  We get large containers of applesauce from Costco, so the cups are perfect!  Also, buy boxes of Jell-O and pudding instead of the handy cups.  That can save you ton when you consider the cups are $2.50+ for 6 and the $0.59 box makes at least 8!


3 comments:

Mrs. Weber said...

Great tip! I also buy the big yogurts since my little gal loves it too! Lately, I've been buying the plain vanilla and adding fruits on my own to change it up. It's delish!

I just learned the price per ounce trick too last week - mega helpful!

Unknown said...

Have you tried Banilla before? It is by Stonyfield Farm. I get coupons here: http://www.stonyfield.com/coupon and buy it when it's on sale. It is AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

good idea!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS