Being Cheap is Easy: Coupons: Too much work?

Coupons: Too much work?

December 06, 2010

As the holidays are fast approaching, my "to-do" list is a mile long and my coupons to clip are getting dusty. It is so easy to give up and just forget about worrying about the "best" deals.  I was at the store the other day and I realized half of the coupons I wanted to use were already expired! During the holidays I use a ton of store coupons and online codes for stores, but I usually care a lot less about grocery deal hunting.  Sometimes it is refreshing to take a break from couponing to focus on the more important things in life.  Also, the best way to save money is to NOT spend it! 

This month would be a great time to clean out the stockpiles and donate to someone who could use the products.  I have so many unused toiletries that I got for free that I have found I don't like.  These types of items are great for donations.  Many shelters need toiletries, food, cleaning items and clothes.  Just Swagbucks Domestic Shelters or Food Pantries in your area and you can find out where to take your items.  Toys for Tots is also huge this time of year, they just ask for an unwrapped toy.  Also, don't forget about our furry friends.  I cannot see those commercials for the Humane Society without tearing up, especially since we lost our beloved bulldog earlier this year.  They always need food, toys, blankets and leashes.  Don't forget to get a receipt for tax exemptions.  I know that is not the purpose of donations, but it is an added bonus as we are almost in tax season. 

After a refreshing break from couponing, in the New Year you will be ready to start all over again!

Happy holidays everyone!  Remember to stop and enjoy the little things in life.  I did this today when I put on music and silly danced with the twins for 15 minutes.  It was a great stress reliever and I got to see how old my little girls are becoming (they are almost 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS