Being Cheap is Easy: Diapers.com- is it worth it?

Diapers.com- is it worth it?

June 19, 2010

I have always been intrigued by Diapers.com.  I always see ads in my magazines and the idea of having diapers mailed right to me for FREE is very tempting.  At the age the twins are at right now, its so hard to get out and run simple errands like for diapers.  On a side note, a few weeks ago I got a message from Huggies saying I won the diapers for a year daily drawing, but I have yet to hear from them again...I have my fingers crossed! 

So earlier this week, I was browsing my Pampers rewards and I saw that I could get gift certificates for Diapers.com.   With just over 1500 points, I was able to get $27 in certificates, plus I had a code for an extra $10 off with free shipping.  So basically, I could fill my cart with $37 of stuff for FREE.  I found many pros and cons with the website.  (I would love some feedback from people who use this site, since I am a newbie!)

PROS:
  1. You can mail your coupons in and they can credit your account.  If you know you will mostly buy a certain brand (Pampers, Huggies), this would be a great option!
  2. They have a lot of different offers and FREE shipping (mostly on orders over $49)
  3. They price match any website for the exact same item.  Strangely, when I tried to price match some diapers from Amazon.com, they disappeared from the website.  Coincidence or not?  
CONS:
  1. The prices are WAY above what I normally pay at Target or Walmart.   Without the extra deals, it would not be worth it to even check this out.  It is a matter of if the few dollars extra per pack outweigh the price of gas and struggle to get to the store.
I ordered the diapers on Wednesday and I got them first thing today (Saturday), not bad! Unless I find another great deal, I don't really see myself shopping there much, but it was a different experience.  I got almost 200 diapers for $14.  That is a great deal!  All in all, it was something I just wanted to try, but I love my Target runs wayyy too much to give them up.  Believe it or not, a late night run to Target once the girls are asleep is my little break for the day.

Want to check it out?  Here's the website: Diapers.com and use my referral code: ASHL0574.   

Let me know what you think!

XOXO
Ashleigh 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS