Being Cheap is Easy: App in a Snap! Baked Brie

App in a Snap! Baked Brie

December 30, 2014


baked brie, Aldi, strawberry, brie

Can you believe it's almost 2015?! 

I would love to say that we have some elaborate fancy NYE plans, but not quite....and I'm actually not too sad!  I swear I have the curse of the awful New Years Eve.  One year, I swear we walked 7 miles all around freezing Madison chasing parties that were all lame.  UGH! No bueno!

Ricky always works until 11-ish and the little ladies and I have a girls night.  It's actually my favorite thing ever.  I totally love to make different appetizers and bust out Disney movies.

I know everyone makes this simple baked brie and it's always a party hit...but I have a little secret trick to make it PERFECT! No one wants gummy crescent rolls at the bottom!
baked brie, Aldi, easy appetizers

Here's what you need:

  • 1 package of crescent rolls (regular or reduced fat)
  • 1 package of brie 
    • I found brie at ALDI for under $3! Such a steal!
  • Fruit preserves of choice- NOT jelly! About 3-4 tablespoons
    • We used strawberry & orange marmalade mixed
    • Apricot is always tasty, also blackberry!
  • 1 egg white, for brushing 
  • To dip: crackers, apples
My tips:
  1. Gently scrape off the white case around the brie...no need to make it perfect.
  2. Prepare and bake the brie on parchment paper--this is THE best way to cook it.  The paper creates a completely stick free barrier from the pan and helps the bottom cook. 
  3. Brush with egg whites for that drool-worthy golden crust.
Let's bake!
  1. Preheat the oven to 375.
  2. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.  Arrange the crescent rolls in a star fashion (see photo above) to encase the brie.  Dollop 2-3 tablespoons of preserves below the brie and more on top. 
  3. Close the crescent roll star, trying to fully cover the brie.  Liberally brush with egg whites. 
  4. Bake until golden brown, around 20 minutes.
  5. Serve warm with crackers or apples. 
baked brie, Aldi, easy appetizers



Any big plans for NYE?  I hope you've had a wonderful holiday season so far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS