Being Cheap is Easy: Quick & Easy Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee!

Quick & Easy Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee!

November 18, 2013


A couple of months ago, I stumbled into the kitchen early one morning, desperately needing my cup of coffee...only to find my relatively new coffee maker was broken.  A little piece of plastic was going to cost $75.  No way!  I tried to return it, but it was past the 3 month return period.  Frustrated, I decided to give up brewed coffee for a bit.

I never thought I would like instant coffee, but I'm here to tell you all that it has come a LONG way from when my Great Grandma used to make it!  It's so quick and easy in the morning, since I already have the teapot going for oatmeal anyway.

#shop #cbias
Another issue we have is a tiny fridge.  I love flavored creamers, but we barely have enough room for our milk situation (2%, skim and almond milk...oy!), let alone creamers.  Powdered creamer is much easier for us!  Plus, you can use it in recipes and it's healthier.


In the morning, I make my instant coffee in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup.  From there I either make a tasty homemade PSL (pumpkin spice latte for all of you non-Starbucks junkies) or this frozen coffee.  Seriously, it's whipped up in less than 1 minute.  Perfect for our crazy school mornings.  If I have any coffee left, I pop it in the fridge for later.

Coffeemate, #shop #cbias
TIP: When using powdered creamer, dissolve it in the hot coffee before putting it in the blender...it's hard to dissolve the creamer in cold liquids

In a blender (check out my sweet green Hamilton Beach smoothie blender), combine coffee/creamer mixture, 1 teaspoon white chocolate chips, 1/2 cup milk and ice.  Blend and top with whipped cream and caramel.  So quick and easy...and cheaper than a coffee shop!

Pumpkin Spiced Coffee, MYO Starbucks
During the holiday season, convenience is key.  Plus, think about all of those family moments when you can use a quick pick me up.  Make some instant coffee to save time.  I also like how portable instant coffee and powdered creamers are.  If you are heading to a tailgate, all you need is some hot water to warm up!

Pumpkin Pie Parfait #shop #cbias
One surprising treat we came about during our big Sunday breakfast this weekend was a Pumpkin Pie Parfait.   I added the creamer to vanilla yogurt and it was amazing! The girls had graham cracker crumbs in their yogurt, I added granola and bananas.

Aside from the Pumpkin Spice, the other seasonal flavor is Peppermint Mocha...which I love, but I'm waiting until after Thanksgiving!  Don't you feel like Turkey Day is already getting trampled on by Christmas?!

What's your favorite creamer flavor? Have you tried instant coffee lately?

Want more coffee ideas?  Check out the holiday digital magazine with Coffeemate ideas!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS