Being Cheap is Easy: Time is Money

Time is Money

July 09, 2010

Okay, that phrase is kind of cheesy, but its so true.  It just takes a little time to save a ton of money!  At first I was trying to avoid Twitter, but there are really some great offers available on there!  I am still in the learning stages of understanding what exactly is available on there (or even how to use the website!), but it really is beneficial.  Even if you don't want to venture out in the Twitter world, there are great offers on the internet.  I sign up for every website of places I go regularly.  From clothing stores to restaurants, I sign up for it all.  This is where the extra email comes handy, so your everyday email isn't flooded with junk mail.  If you do a little research, Im sure you will find your favorite restaurant or store on there.  Not all places offer great deals, but they are becoming more frequent.  A lot of the time you will get heads up on sales or special "members only" sales.  Here are a few of my favorite things to sign up for:
  1.  Target Mobile (this is especially great with Smart Phones): they send coupons monthly.  Dont forget you can combine Target coupons with Manufacturer coupons for DOUBLE savings*!
  2. Kohls.  Great sales and most of the time you don't need to use their credit card with the discount offers.  Best part, you get a $5 certificate for signing up!
  3. American Eagle  I don't usually shop at their stores, but they offer free shipping and better variety of sizes on their website.  They have a lot of great sales that aren't featured in the stores.  Also join their rewards program
  4. Some great restaurants to sign up for: Unos, Red Robin, Fridays (join their rewards program too!), Famous Dave's and Texas Roadhouse.  Even if you dont frequent these places, its nice to have a deal waiting in your email when you go there on a whim!  Also, during your bday month you get a lot of freebies!
  5. Dont forget about your favorite grocery stores!  A few great ones are Meijer, Cub Foods and Whole Foods.  All of those send out coupons and special offers!  You can double up Cub and Meijer store coupons with Manufacturer coupons for double savings*, as well!
  6. Babies R Us has a great rewards system and they have a lot of private member sales!  Once again, you can combine their store coupons with Manufacturer coupons*. 
There are plenty more places, but I figure everyone has their own preferences!

Thanks for reading! I found out I may have a writing job when we move to Grand Rapids, so you may soon be able to hear much more from me.  I knew all of my knowledge would pay off sometime!  I love to help people.   TBC on that topic.

Have a great weekend!


Ashleigh

*If you are confused by what the difference between a STORE coupon and Manufacturer coupon is, let me know...I can help you out!  Also, if combining coupons is confusing, contact me. You can also do this at Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

You are a brilliant girl!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS